Courses taught at LSE over the last few years:
- Philosophy of Physics
- Philosophy of Science
- Evidence, Objectivity and Policy (parts)
- Reason Knowledge and Values (parts)
- Fallacies of Reasoning (parts)
- Research Seminar in Philosophy of Natural Science
Summer School Teaching:
- First LSE-Tsinghua Workshop for Philosophy of Social Science: ‘Evidence and Policy: The Case of Climate Change’, Tsinghua University, Beijing, September 2013, 5 Lectures.
- Vienna International Summer University 2013: ‘Climate Studies’. University of Vienna, July 2013, 5 lectures.
- International Summer School on Philosophy, Probability and Physics, Universiät Konstanz, August 2005, 2 lectures.
- Lorenzo Sartori: TBC (LSE Studentship; in progress).
- Andreas Achen: Theoretical Equivalence[working title] (LSE Studentship; in progress).
- Charles Beasley: Dissolving the Logical Problem in Non-Human Animal Mindreading Research [working title] (LSE Studentship; in progress).
- James Wills: The Gibbs Paradox [working title] (LSE Studentship; in progress).
- Margherita Harris: Conceptualizing Uncertainty: The IPCC, Model Robustness, and the Weight of Evidence (LSE Studentship; December 2021)
- Joe Roussos: Policymaking under scientific uncertainty (LSE Studentship; awarded July 2020).
- Nicolas Wüthrich: Robustness, Evidence, and Uncertainty An exploration of policy applications of robustness analysis (October 2017).
- James Nguyen: How Models Represent (April 2016)
- Chris Blunt: Hierarchies of Evidence in Evidence Based Medicine (December 2015).
- Jacob Bjorheim: The Philosophy of Finance (July 2014).
- Andrew Goldfinch: Evolutionary Psychology: Theoretical and Methodological Foundations (April 2013).
- Stanislav Larski: Simplicity in Model Selection: Formal Methods and Scientific Realism (April 2013).
- Seamus Bradley: Rational Decision-making on the Basis of Non-Linear Models (January 2013).
- Dean Peters: Scientific Realism (January 2013).
- Foad Dizadji-Bahmani: Probability and Reductionism in Statistical Mechanics (March 2012).
- Bengt Autzen: Probability in Evolutionary Biology (July 2011).
- Sheldon Steed: Otto Neurath’s Positivism (January 2011).
- Jeremy Howick: The methodology randomised clinical trials (July 2008).
- Peter Ainsworth: The Structure of Scientific Theories (April 2008).
- Matteo Morganti: Empiricism, Ontology, and Experimental Metaphysics (November 2007).
- Gabriele Contessa: Models as Fictional Entities (July 2007).