- Associate Editor for the British Journal for the Philosophy of Science (2011-2017).
- Guest Editor for special issues of Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, Synthese, and Theoria.
- Balkan Journal of Philosophy (since September 2017).
- Fundamental Theories in Physics, book series, Springer (since October 2009).
- Metatheoria. Journal of Philosophy and History of Science (since November 2009).
- Disputatio (since May 2008).
- New Directions in the Philosophy of Science, book series, Palgrave Macmillan (since September 2007).
Committees and Advisory Boards:
- Advisory Council of the Institute of Philosophy, University of London (since 2022).
- SURe Steering committee ( Scientific Understanding and Representation (since 2019).
- Advisory Board of the Barcelona Institute of Analytic Philosophy (BIAP) (since 2018).
- Chair of the Management Committee of the Lakatos Award (since 2018).
- London Colleges Committee in the Institute of Philosophy and Jacobsen Committee (since 2016).
- London Colleges Committee in the Institute of Philosophy and Jacobsen Committee (sine 2016).
- Advisory board of the Centre for Computational Science at Monash University (since July 2013).
- EPSA Steering Committee (2013-2017).
- Director of the Sigma Club at LSE (2004-2016).
- EPSA Steering Committee (2013-2017).
- BSPS Committee (2008–2011).
- PSA Nominating Committee (2008–2009).
- Carnot Lille 2024. International Colloquium is the Celebration of 200 years since Sadi Carnot’s Réflexions sur la puissance motrice du Feu, 1824–2024. Lille, September 2024
- 5th SURe, University of Toronto, April 2023
- 9th Model-Based Reasoning International Conference, Department of Philosophy, Sapienza Università di Roma, Rome, June 2023.
- 4th SURe Conference, Fordham University, NY, April 2022.
- Taller d’Investigació en Filosofia XXI, May 2020, University of Girona, Spain.
- UK and European Foundations of Physics conference, Paris, July 2020.
- 3rd East European Network for Philosophy of Science biannual conference, Belgrade, Serbia, 2020.
- Taller d’Investigació en Filosofia XX TIF, March 2019, University of Valencia.
- Model-Based Reasoning in Science and Technology, Inferential Models for Logic, Language, Cognition and Computation, University of Sevilla, October 2018.
- Taller d’Investigació en Filosofia (TIF), University of Barcelona, April 2018.
- From Reasonable Doubt to Undue Scepticism, Birkbeck College, London, May 2017.
- Explanation, Normativity, and Uncertainty in Economic Modelling, LSE, March 2016.
- XVIII Taller d’Investigació en Filosofia, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, January 2016.
- Society for Philosophy of Science in Practice (SPSP) Fifth Biennial Conference, June 2015, University of Aarhus, Denmark.
- XVII Taller d’Investigació en Filosofia, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, January 2015.
- Oficina de Filosofia Analítica 10, University of Lisbon, September 2014.
- Models and Simulations 6, University of Notre Dame, May 2014.
- Oficina de Filosofia Analítica 9, University of Lisbon, September 2013.
- Models and Mechanisms; University of Tilburg, November 2012.
- Oficina de Filosofia Analítica 8, University of Lisbon, September 2012.
- Taller de Investigación en Filosofia XIII, University of Barcelona, April 2011.
- PSA 2010 programme committee, University of Montreal, November 2010.
- Models and Simulations 4, University of Toronto, May 2010.
- Biannual conference of the European Philosophy of Science Association (EPSA), Free University Amsterdam, September 2009.
- Annual BSPS Conference, University of Sussex, July 2009.
- 6th Barcelona Conference on Philosophy of Language, University of Barcelona, June 2009.
- Models and Simulation 3, University of Virginia, March 2009.
- Taller de Investigación en Filosofia XI, Valencia, January 2009.
- Fifth Conference of the Spanish Society for Analytic Philosophy (SEFA), University of Barcelona, September 2007.
- Examining of PhD theses at University of Toronto, University of Stuttgart, King’s College London, ETH Zürich, Université de Lausanne, Univerdidad Complutense de Madrid, University of Cambridge, Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Université de Lille, Durham University.
- External examiner for the Final Honour Schools of Philosophy & Physics and Philosophy & Mathematics, University of Oxford (2007-2010).
- Journals: British Journal for the Philosophy of Science, Philosophy of Science, International Studies in the Philosophy of Science, Studies in History and Philosophy of Modern Physics, Studies in History and Philosophy of Science, British Journal of Aesthetics, Philosophical Studies, Studies in History and Philosophy of Biological and Biomedical Sciences, Climatic Change, Australasian Journal of Philosophy, Philosophical Quarterly, Dialectica, Synthese, Erkenntnis, Journal of Philosophy, Analysis, Foundations of Physics, Journal for General Philosophy of Science, Theoria (Spain), Theoria (Sweden), Disputatio, CPNSS discussion paper series, Philosophy at Yeditepe, Internet Encyclopaedia of Philosophy, Metatheoria, Public Understanding of Science, Economics and Philosophy, Physics Essays, Acta Analytica, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, Teorema, Philosophy Compass, Monist.
- Book manuscripts: Oxford UP, Chicago University Press, Routledge (London and New York branches), Springer, College Publications (London).
- Grant proposals: AHRC, British Academy, Leverhulme Trust, National Science Foundation (USA), Fondiation Nationale de Recherches Scientitifiques (Belgium), Agencia Nacional de Promoción Científica y Tecnológica (ANPCYT) de Argentina, American Council of Learned Societies, Research Foundation Flanders (Fonds Wetenschappelijk Onderzoek Vlaanderen), Branco Weiss Foundation (ETH Zürich), Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), Austrian Science Fund (FWF), Israel Science Foundation (ISF), German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
Organisation of Conferences and Workshops:
- Lakatos@100. A Celebration of the Centenary of his Birth and the Continuing Influence his Philosophy. LSE, November 2022, chair of the organising committee.
- Probability and Reasoning: A Conference in Memory of Colin Howson (1945–2019), LSE, March 2022, member of the organising committee.
- Foundations of Physics 2016. The 18th UK and European Conference on the Foundations of Physics. LSE, July 2016, organised jointly with Miklós Rédei and Bryan Roberts (programme and guest lecture).
- 50 Years of Worrall: Science, Structure and Rock ‘n’ Roll, LSE, March 2016, organised jointly with Richard Bradley, Miklós Rédei, Bryan W. Roberts and Alex Voorhoeve.
- Knowledge and Models in Climate Science: Philosophical, Historical, and Scientific Perspectives, Rotman Institute, University of Western Ontario, October 2014, with Carl Hoefer, Wendy Parker, Lenny Smith, Martin Vezer, Eric Desjardins, Gillian Barker and Wayne Myrvolt.
- Model (In)adequacy in Policy Making, LSE, November 2013, with Pauline Barrieu, Leonard Smith, David Stainforth, Lyn Grove, and Henry Wynn.
- Uncertainty Quantification, Risk and Decision-Making, LSE, May 2012, with Pauline Barrieu, Leonard Smith, David Stainforth, Lyn Grove, and Henry Wynn.
- Models and Fiction, Institute of Philosophy of the School of Advanced Study (University of London) and CPNSS, March 2009, with Michael Weisberg.
- Second London-Paris-Tilburg Workshop in Logic and Philosophy of Science, University of Tilburg, Tilburg, October 2008, with Jacques Dubucs and Stephan Hartmann.
- Models in Science: Semantics and Ontology, University of Barcelona, July 2007, with José Díez.
- Models and Simulations 2, Centre for Logic and Philosophy of Science at the University of Tilburg, with Stephan Hartmann and Cyrille Imbert.
- First London-Paris-Tilburg Workshop in Logic and Philosophy of Science, Institut d’Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences et des Techniques (IHPST), Paris, with Stephan Hartmann and Jacques Dubucs.
- Topics in the Foundation of Statistical Mechanics, Mini-Workshop, LSE, January 2006.
- Beyond Mimesis and Nominalism: Representation in Art and Science, LSE and the Courtauld Institute of Art, June 2006, with Matthew Hunter.
- Models and Simulations, Institut d’Histoire et de Philosophie des Sciences et des Techniques (IHPST), Paris, June 2006, with Staphan Hartmann and Cyrille Imbert.
- Reasoning, Models and Causes, LSE, June 2005, with Colin Howson.
- Probability in Quantum Mechanics, LSE, February 2004, with Stephan Hartmann.